Oxybutynin Drug Interactions
Some medications interfere with the efficacy of Oxybutynin and vice-versa; others can worsen side effects. If you are taking any of these medications, discuss them with your physician prior to accepting a prescription for Oxybutynin.
- Other anticholinergic or anti-spasmodic medications (Atovent, Diphenhydramine, Spiriva, Detrol, Dramamine, etc.)
- Some Parkinson’s disease medications (such as benztropine and trihexyphenidyl)
- Belladonna alkaloids
- Biphosphonates (alendronate, etidronate, etc.)
- Azole antifungal drugs (ketoconazole, macrolide)
- Some anti-anxiety medications like Valium (diazepam)
- Anti-seizure medications (phenobarbital, carbamazepine)
- Sleep-inducing medications (Ambien - zolpidem)
- Some antibiotics (erythromycin, cimetidine)
- St. John’s Wort
- Potassium supplements
- Antidepressants and anti-psychotic medication (tricyclic antidepressants, amitriptyline, chlorpromazine)
Always discuss any natural remedies, vitamin/mineral supplements, over-the-counter medications, and prescription drugs you may be taking prior to accepting a prescription for Ditropan.